Sunday, July 25, 2010

Cambodia 2010


It's beginning to look a lot like... Christmas (in July)!!!  Which for all who know me well, know this is my favorite time of year!!  Does this feel like deja vu??  Yep! I’m going back!!!  I was so fortunate to go to Cambodia last year and ecstatic that I’ve been chosen to go back again this year!!



First I want to say thank you so much for all the support you have given to me already in prayers and love.




As a member of the Cambodia team, I will have the opportunity to partner with New Life Church as they love and encourage the children at their orphanage. By creating a fun, relational environment, I will have the privilege of teaching these children about God, building friendships, and most of all, showing them that our team cares for them.



And I can’t do this alone.  I need your help (again).  Please prayerfully consider partnering with me in this journey.  I will need your help in two ways.



First, thru prayer.  My prayers are:

  1. Our team will be unified
  2. We will endure safe travel
  3. The children and community will be receptive to us and Christ
  4. God would use me as a way to share His love
  5. Through this amazing experience, I will continue to grow in my faith.  

The second way I will need your help is thru financial contributions.  I will need to raise $3,200. No contribution is too small (or too large ;)... if 100 people donate $30 I'm there!!  If you are able to assist, you can either go online to http://www.goglobalx.org/, click on Give, the country is ‘Cambodia - Phnom Penh', the trip is 'Cambodia - Phnom Penh Christmas 12/02/10 - 12/12/10'.  Or you can make a check out to ‘North Point Community Church’ and mail it to me.  If you need my address please let me know!   Please try to give before October 2010.  And, yes this contribution is tax deductible.  




I would love for you to be able to put faces with the prayers and support you will be sending our way.  For an uplifting and heartwarming video about some of the kids we will be serving, please click here.

No comments: